Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grow Your Own Mints

Why would anyone want to grow their own mints? Well maybe you enjoy gardening, want to add a little more zazz to some of your generic meals. 
The mints I'm using are chocolate mints, in case you were wondering. I obtained these mints from my aunt who has a decent vegetable garden in her backyard including this unique mint herb.

The steps to growing your own mints is rather simple really. take some existing stems of some mint (any kind works) and stick them in a glass jar of water. After a week you will see some tiny white roots growing from the bottom of your stems. 
By now you are ready to plant your mints in the soil.


This is day 1 so far.

Update:
It's been about a week and as you can see, the little white roots can be seen coming out from the ends as I previously mentioned. I know it's kind of hard to see, but zooming in works so...
I'll try to get some better shots tomorrow at noon when it's brighter outside.

As you can see I went a little bit overboard in regards to snapping a few photos.













No comments:

Post a Comment