Thursday, December 25, 2014

Xmas light photoshoot (aka the magic of editing)

Hi and Happy Holidays!
This photo shoot kind of just happened in the spur of the moment on Christmas Eve when I decided to pull out some Christmas lights and actually do something with my life.
These pictures were somehow very popular on instagram, but I had so many more pictures I wanted to share individually. In order not to spam my followers, I decided to create this post showing how I transformed some if these pictures because....

You may be wondering how I got from these :
To these:


Well first let's talk about how I took these pics (I don't have a photographer friend I can magically conjure 24/7) so I had to make do with me, myself, and my camera.

It all started with these Christmas lights....
First I'll explain the process of how I took these pictures. I didn't have any help because I was alone ( kind of like the Christmas movie Home Alone!)
 All I did was point my camera toward the direction where I would be, then I turned on the timer, pressed the button to shoot, and then ran to get into position.  After that, the camera would make a click noise, and I would rush to see the results. my hair was very frizzy by the end of the shoot because it kept getting tangled in the lights...
After this "sophisticated" and  "professional" process, all I had to do to make the pics look like "magical" scenes, was edit them using the vsco app. This app is a life saver when you want your pictures to look nice.
It really does make a difference for when you're uploading pictures to instagram. Also I only recently discovered this app which is why you guys may have noticed that the photo quality of my blog pictures have improved a month or so back.

hi there! this is what happened when I forgot to set a timer (:

The original photos will be first and edited one second, hope you enjoy! (Some have more than one edit)



 
 
 

 
 
 
                                                                              
 


this was a pleasant surprise from my unfocused camera that kind of created a bokeh effect

 
 
 
 

 
 

And now, some random pictures from this photo shoot: These ones are kind of bad, kind of weird, and kind of interesting!
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I love love love how all the edited photos look! Especially the one in the top right hand corner :)
    x Erin
    The Halfway Point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, I'm glad you liked the pictures (: also I love your blog especially the crochet collar

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THEM IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!! I have VSCO and I should really play around with it some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's my favorite photo editing app (: hoping to see more amazing pics on Instagram

      Delete
  3. Gah, I LOVE these photos. <3

    xx Nicole Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting, I'm really glad you enjoyed it (:

    ReplyDelete