Monday, July 28, 2014

Slurpees, You know you love them

I went and bought a slushee today, oh wait no it's called a slurpee.This is actually my second time I have ever gotten a slurpee in my whole entire life...so as you can see, I don't get out very much.
Sadly I had nothing better to do so I wrote this sonnet, following the rules of rhyming and iambic pentameter which was totally unnecessary.
Slurp that Slurpee| By Angela Ea

Hot summer days. The sun shines in your eyes.
Wipe the sweat from your brow. Relax and chill.
But it’s hot and you have to improvise,
Don’t let your perfect day melt down and spill,
Sprint to the nearest seven eleven.
Walk in quickly to grab the largest cup,
Bottom to top, a refreshing heaven.
Cool and tasty, you have to spread the news
Slurpees in heat is what we all could use.




                   

Hope you guys are having a "refreshing" summer!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment