Sunday, August 17, 2014

2014 Seattle Haim Concert feat. Tacocat

Hey guys, on Friday I went to my first ever concert and watched Haim perform live along with Tacocat as an opening act. The Haim sisters are the coolest cats out there and I love all their music and style.
The Concert started at 7-8, but my friends and I got to the Paramount Theatre at about 2:00 and we weren't the only ones that got in early to get good seats.
My friends and I came early and I'm glad we did because there was less than 25 people in front of us.
This is what was happening behind us, it doesn't seem like much, but the line just goes on and on.

Here's what the line looked like behind us after a few hours passed by.
 
Finally getting ready to go inside!There were two sketchy girls that tried to cut us, but they couldn’t because we quickly reported them. The girls behind us were more ferocious and it was awesome. No way would we let people cut us when we waited in line for five hours! Also I think those girls should have been smarter; when cutting don’t cut in the very front, people are bound to make a bigger scene and you’ll end up at the end of the line anyways.
First off I would like to point out that Paramount is a beautiful Theatre with a gorgeous interior. There were so many designs and embellishments and if felt so regal being inside.
This picture was taken by my friend because when I tried to take it, my hands were shaking so much out of excitement.
I think we got the best seats on the balcony; right in the front and center. 

I came up with a  Concert video taping hack!  I actually don't know where the video is right now, but you should totally do this if you're going to a concert with this type of seating arrangement.

The opening act was Tacocat and here is a picture of them getting ready.
This picture turned out blurry, but i feel like it looks really cool and artistic.
Bass player: Bree Mckenna. My friend says she wants to wear her dress for prom....we'll see how that goes.

Guitar: Eric Randall. i just want to say that he has awesome hair and a great sense of style. Actually all the members are cute and fashionable.

The main singer: Emily Nokes. She is super cute and energetic. I love her danceing, she was moving around so much that it was hard to get a good picture of her.
She inspires me to play the tambourine.

more of Emily's great dance moves and the drummer: Lelah Maupin. Her hair flip and sequin outfit is out of this world.

Tacocat Band
Seriously though, I love the lead singer's skirt, I really want to try and make it some day.

Now to Haim! The reason I paid money to come to this concert:
The actual Haim drumset!!!
Este's bass!!!
Alana's drums!!!
We wait for what seems like the longest of times to hear them perform. While we wait they play a bunch of Beyonce songs as well as a rap song that said f*ck in literally every sentence sung.
Finally it starts and the awesomeness just hits you like BAM! I think that this picture basically shows how i felt at this moment.
I'm just going to shut up and stop talking/typing so that you can enjoy these pictures:





















I think I might have posted a picture two times.

In summary, there were a lot of hair flips, great instrument solos, and it was overall an amazing performance. There is no doubt that these girls are beautiful and talented.
Haim lover unite!
~Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment