Monday, November 10, 2014

Glasses case makeover


Hi guys, today's post is a DIY project and all you need is some paint and tape to makeover a case for either glasses or sunglasses. Lets get started!
Here are the materials you will be needing:
  • Paintbrush
  • Paint
  • Plain hard shelled glasses case
  • tape* (optional if you don't feel like being precise)



*In this picture I have some super cute washi tape from Daiso, but after actually painting on my case I realized washi tape was completely ineffective in making crisp lines because the paint bled right through. I found that regular clear tape worked perfectly instead. Therefore, in some photos where I used washi tape, you should replace it with regular clear tape or any actual painter's tape you might have.
    Step 1: Decide on a design and place tape onto your case. 
    Step 2: Paint in different colors between the lines.
    as you can see, this is when I made the switch to clear tape
    Step 3: Peel off the tape and wait for the paint to dry.

    That's all you have to do to be completely done. Now you are ready to show off you fancy, new color block case!







    Hope you guys enjoyed this small little DIY, in the meantime, keep on getting through life and see you again next week!
    Say hello to my feet and awkward sock tan

    ~Angela 


    2 comments:

    1. thank you for this super post ! Really useful :) Actually I think you'll like the blog of friends of mine ( I swear it's not an ad for my blog, who is super too by the way haha) but take a look at it : http://plumedepaon-ca.blogspot.fr
      Continue comme ça !
      Leo.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome I checked out your friend's blog and it's very nice. The only thing is I couldn't understand the French so I had the page translated (: I love finding new blogs and getting inspiration, thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete