Friday, February 13, 2015

2 Quick Wall Decor DIYs

Hello friends and creative strangers!
Last week , I showed you guys the basics of my workspace and today I'll be showing you how I made the DIY wall art projects I promised a the end of that post.
These 2 wall décor ideas are extremely easy to recreate. Both can take less than ten minutes to create, or you can add on and make larger versions of each. Lets get started!
For the first DIY Wall Art project, all you really need is some tape and scissors.
 
-Here I used electric tape at first, but then ran out so I found some black duct tape that I cut to be the same width.
-A pencil for sketching is optional
 
 
Steps:
1. (Optional) go online, find some geometric design you want to recreate and sketch it out on your wall.
2. Start taping and cutting to create a complex geometric design, or create a picture, its your wall and your choice!
 
I just have some shots of the first few pieces of tape I laid out. For the rest, I just randomly created a geometric shape by starting and ending at different angles and different lengths. You are free to do whatever you want.
The best thing about this DIY, is that you can peel it right off your wall or make edits if you don't like the way it looks.
 
Now onto the second project:
Basically this is a huge collage board for inspirations or extra clippings you have from magazines. You can do anything as long as it makes you happy and you feel some sort of satisfaction with your end result.
 
Materials:
-magazines
-pictures
-quotes you like
-memorable tickets, or flat items
-a big frame or poster board
-glue
-scissors (they're your new best friend)
 
Steps:
1. grab a bunch of fun pics, and cut out your favorite pieces
2. glue it all down to a piece of poster board or a poster frame
3. display it
4.(optional, but highly encouraged) have a dance party by yourself, because congrats, you just made something cool
 


lets all pretend you didn't notice I reused this image

 
Hope you found some quick inspiration!
keep on crafting (and napping)
~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment